Thursday, November 26, 2009

The obligatory "what I am thankful for" post...

This year (as every year of my life) I have a lot to be thankful for. Last night I got to see my little brother for the first time in over 2 years. It was great. He moved to the States from Australia a few months ago to join the army. The army was going to require that he give up his Australian citizenship so he decided not to join. Long story, short, he is a truck driver now! I have been so looking forward to a chance to see him and yesterday that chance arrived. I went and picked him up at a truck stop on the other side of Dallas. He looked exactly like the last time I saw him. You know that you really love somebody when no matter how much time goes by, nothing has changed. Just thinking about him now is making me teary eyed which is exactly what I am thankful for. I am thankful that I have such a great little brother that I cry when I think of how much I miss him. And I am thankful that my sister Taryn and her boys were able to join us for dinner. It was like a mini family reunion for me.


It was so great to see Jack and I hope that it isn't another 2 years before I see him again. This world is far too big and my family is far too spread out.
In pictures here are some of the other things I am thankful for...excuse Liams boogers in the football pics, poor kid was sick.













I guess, in short, I am thankful for all the "little people" in my life, Liam in particular. I am thankful for my boys. I am thankful for my man. I am thankful for my family and my friends. I am thankful that Liam has gotten to know his cousins. I am thankful for Tonnie and everything she does for us. I am thankful that I have so much to be thankful for. The world can be such a beautiful place when you are surrounded with beautiful people. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment