Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pee Pee in the Potty













That's right folks...my son is potty trained! It is official. I no longer have a baby. This past week Liam decided that he was done wearing diapers. I can take no credit for this latest milestone. My genious child did this all on his own. He even woke up this morning with a dry diaper after a full nights sleep. When I got him out of bed I asked him if he wanted to use the potty. He told me no, he just wanted cereal. I poured the cereal and left him in the kitchen while I went to my room to get dressed. A few minutes later he came running in. "Mommy I have lots of pee pee and it's ready to come out! I need to pee pee on the potty!" Amazing. Who knew potty training could be so easy. I think the key to it was the fact that we put ZERO pressure on him. Of course us giving him a jellybean everytime he pees in the potty might not be hurting either. :) (On come on, you knew I was going to try to take some credit somehow!)To add to the big boy effect, Liam is now also sleeping in a bed. Yup, my baby is a kid. He talks constantly and for his age, pretty clearly. He pees in a potty and wears underwear. He sleeps in a bed. Its over, there is no baby in my house anymore. A little boy is now sleeping in the bed that used to be a crib, that used to hold my tiny baby. Don't get me wrong. I am very excited to see what the future holds for me and my little boy. I am eager to see him grow into the man he will become. Everyday with Liam in my life has been a blessing. Every step and milestone has been exciting and a joy to be part of. (Well, lets not count the teething...)Time is sure flying. I blinked and now he is an independent, talking, potty using, little boy. I am sad the ride is going so fast, but I am truly enjoying every minute of it! Good job Liam! I am so proud of my big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment